Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday

When I left the hospital tonight at 8:30, it was the first time that I had left since Sat. morning at 8:30am...60hrs! My emotions have the best of me right now, so I will be brief. We got the biopsy results back tonight and PRAISE GOD there is nothing else going on in her body! So, you would think I'd be bouncing off the walls? Well, tonight was her worst night yet, her stomach is still causing her discomfort and her body continues to ache. The dtrs said that her Celiac panel (blood count) hasn't gone down at all and her villi are still very bent (decreasing absorption) even though she has been gluten-free since 1/14! And then we heard the same words as we heard in Richmond, she is a pretty bad case. Some people bounce back within 2 weeks to a month, but her body is obviously still trying to "reboot"! I talked to a woman today whose daughter experienced many mental effects from her Celiac disease and it was a long, hard transition. I believe that Ashley is there as well, she is soo sad, depressed and sick and tired of being sick! Tonight, thru tears she said, "Everything still hurts!" and then asked, "Why is this soo hard?" Ash, I have no answers...

So, on one hand, we got what we came for...the best dtrs looking at her and making sure that nothing else is going on. On the other hand, we are in the same place as we were when we arrived...feeling terribly sick, with no immediate end in sight! Yes, we are still evaluating the feeding tube. She is trying soo hard to eat, but we're not sure if it is enough. But it makes no sense to start that in Philly.

Will keep you posted tomorrow as the day progresses and let you know of our travel plans.

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment