Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday night

Ashley was sedated and still hysterical...4 tries by the nurses with the feeding tube...I had to leave the room...Mike is amazing...

I left at 10:30 and still no food in her yet! They are waiting for a chest x-ray to make sure the tube is in the right place (I obviously agree with this procedure, but who knows how long it will take them.) And they are also looking for the formula. I had been in touch with the UVA dietician 3/4 times this week leading up to this and she said they had Elecare on the floor. I even offered to get it myself since I have done this before. When I just left the nurse was still looking for it and couldn't find it, so Ash might have to eat something else for tonight I guess.

3 tries with the IV...4 tries with the feeding tube...almost 8 hrs (3 pm) since we have been in the room and still no food...please pray that by the grace of God He will help her somehow forget this traumatic night as we already had a lot to process in counseling!!!

Lori

Thank you Bowmans, Leigh Anne, Lauren and Keysers for all your loving kindness today...Cooper's first sleepover, wow!

Brittany reminded me today that I forgot to mention how much we enjoyed our visit with Joel and Holly as well yesterday:)

SOO grateful for friends at this time. We have been living in "crisis mode" since the beginning of Jan. and we don't know what we'd do without you!!!

2 comments:

  1. What an ordeal--we continue to be with you in prayer. Your updates come right to my inbox.

    Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coop and Luke had a delightful time...so did Kari & Brit. We got to know Mike's Dad this AM over a cup of coffee...he is like a clone of MY Dad!

    Continuing to lift your family up in prayer.

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete