Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wed.-3/2

Hard counseling appt today...I can't explain all the details, but Mike and I are in agreement that the feeding tube is necessary. We tried to get in today, but were told to come Friday morning. She needs a break from the struggle of eating and hopefully it will give her an overall boost. She is very scared.

We are still excited about the SCD, even tried some recipes today. She's just not eating enough to care, so we are looking forward to implementing it in the future.

We are still awaiting the lab results that will give us insight on what is going on inside Ash and hopefully provide some answers.

Very hard day today, I think we are all weary of the struggle.

Grateful to the Keysers for giving Cooper and Brittany a much needed mental break and change of scenery!!!

Thanks for praying without ceasing...
Lori

Ps 61:1-4

3 comments:

  1. we are and will continue to pray. I've told you of my food allergies (serious enough to carry my epipen) so I've had to learn new cooking as well and I'm happy to give a meal a go for you all if you send me a specific recipe or send me a site to choose some recipes. Love you all.
    ginny wardell

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying, praying, praying AND BELIEVING! My heart is breaking as you all are going through this trial! Lori, your heart is amazing! So focused on the Lord through this all! What you are going through - it will pass, sweet friend! We love you guys! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that Ashley is getting nourishment and I agree that you must speak up and do what is best for your daughter.
    Hope and pray that the calories will make her more alert and give her the feeling that she is getting better.
    Ginni

    ReplyDelete