Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday night

Very tired friends...will be brief.

The most important prayer for the night is that Ashley wouldn't throw up from the feedings being soo close together. Ideally, we were hoping for her 3 daytime feeds to be close to 9, 12 and 5, with the nighttime slow drip starting at 10. But due to all the drama with the dtr this morning and the turn around rate of things in a hospital, her meals were 12, 4:30 and 8 today, with the night drip starting at 10. It's closer than I would desire, but the best we could do today because of the circumstances this morning.

PLEASE PRAY THAT SHE HOLDS IT ALL DOWN TONIGHT! If she does, I think we're in great shape and can get on the normal schedule that we were desiring starting tomorrow.

By the way, I just have to say how much I love Dr. Verma at CHOP. We have not even met her yet, she wasn't in house when we were there, but yet she is SOO helpful and continues to email me back almost immediately when I have questions. I emailed her the feeding dilemma that we were dealing with this morning and asked her advice. She said that she would do 3 bolus feeds (3 meals a day of 250) and a slow drip at night (750) total of 1500 calories. Isn't that interesting...exactly what we fought with the UVA dtr to get this morning? Enough said.


PRAYER...that she would keep the nighttime feeding down...that the feedings will QUICKLY help her regain her strength...that the Flagyl will work quickly. (and that we wouldn't have to fight with the dtrs again about it) Also, PLEASE PRAY for her comfort level. She is VERY uncomfortable with the tube, understandably so, and basically keeps a low moan going all day and a cry going during each feed. PLEASE PRAY that the Lord will touch her throat and nose and cause the discomfort to leave!

MANY THANKS TODAY...I actually don't even know who to exactly thank! I heard that homegroup (Hornsby's, White's, George's, Dilly's) worked in my yard, thanks! It was too dark to look when I got home, so I can't wait to see tomorrow. I heard that some YL girls earning money for summer camp cleaned all the windows/blinds in my house...I seriously haven't done that once in the 9 years that we have lived in this house...that's incredible! And thanks to the Hornsby's for having Cooper over and coming to the hospital with Mallory:) Although this morning I was wishing we were at CHOP, I am INCREDIBLY grateful for our support system here! Truly couldn't do it without you friends!!!

Grateful beyond what words can express,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment